Description:PassMark PerformanceTest 8 is a fast, easy to use, PC speed testingand benchmarking software for Windows. It allows you to objectively benchmark a PC using twenty eight different speed tests over six test suites, then compare the results to other computers. PerformanceTest 8 comes with six baseline results as well as the ability to search and download thousands more from PassMark online database of user submission. PerformanceTest 8 also lets you use the advanced tests to create you own benchmark scenarios. In addition to the standard tests, there are 7 summary results plus the overall “PassMark Rating” result. The benchmark results are presented as easy to read bar charts so that you don’t need to spend hours studying the number to know the result.
Timing for the tests is done using high resolution timers, which are accurate to approximately 1 millionth of a second on most PC’s.
Passmark PerformanceTest 8 offers the thirty-two standard benchmark tests in five test suites plus there are seven advanced testing windows for custom benchmarking.
• CPU tests Mathematical operations, compression, encryption, SSE, 3DNow!
• 2D graphics tests Drawing lines, bitmaps, fonts, text, and GUI elements
• 3D graphics tests Simple to complex DirectX 3D graphics and animations
• Disk tests Reading, writing and seeking within disk files
• Memory tests Allocating and accessing memory speed and efficiency
The seven advanced testing windows allow experienced users to create their own test scenarios and conduct an in-depth analysis of their hardware’s behavior. Each advanced testing window allows the user to select from a number of parameters and when appropriate graph the results, export the results and measure the CPU load. By adjusting the input parameters is it possible to measure the optional performance under a variety of different scenarios.
• Test the speed of your disk using different file sizes, block sizes and caching options.
• Test the speed of your CD or DVD drive using different test durations, block sizes and caching options.
• Test the speed of your 3D video card by selecting from options such as fogging, lighting, alpha blending, wire frame, texturing, resolution, color depth, object rotation and object displacement.
• Measure the network speed between any two computers using TCP/IP. The network speed test can be conducted across a company LAN or across the Internet to determine the point to point throughput. Adjust parameters such as the host name, IP address, port number and block size. Works with dialup modems, ADSL, cable and LANs.
• Measure the read and write speed of your RAM. Parameters include data size (8 bits to 32 bits) and a selection of two test modes. Linear sequential access across various block sizes or non sequential access with a varying step size. This allows both the effect of RAM caching and the optimizations in the memory controller to be investigated.
• View a visual representation of what the standard CPU Physics test is doing. You can also tweak the simulation parameters to get different effects.
• Test your Videocard’s DirectCompute performance with a series of tests.
• Comprehensive online help
• Supports hyper-threading, and multiple CPUs testing
• Detailed disk speed graphs
• Supports printing results
• The ability to save your benchmark results to disk as a new baseline
• A customizable “Notes” field for storing your own information along with the saved Benchmark result.
• Support for copying the results to other applications (eg. MS-Word)
• Export results to HTML, text, GIF, and BMP formats
• Single test execution, execution of a test suite or execution of all tests with a single mouse click.
• A summary ‘Mark’ figure for each test suite plus the calculation of the PassMark Rating figure.
• An easy to use point and click interface
• A summary system information screen including CPU type, CPU speed, Total RAM, Video Hardware, Cluster size, etc..
• The ability to compare the performance of your computer to multiple ‘Baseline’ computers at the one time.
• Flexible license, move the software
• System Information updates - Added support for AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, R9 390X, R9 390, R9 380, R9 M375, R9 M370X, R7 370
• Fixed a error message displayed when using the auto launch command line parameter /a and not specifying an initialisation file